About the Campaign
Support Topanga’s Heart Rhythm Recovery
Topanga, a delightful 3-year-old Corgi, needs our help. This rescue pup from China has been with her owner, Mahtub, since December 2020. After a routine teeth cleaning, a veterinary check revealed a concerning heart rhythm issue — a diagnosis of arrhythmia.
Topanga’s Heart Condition:
• The majority of her heartbeats per day (around 60k) are irregular
• Her heart sometimes stops while she sleeps
• The diagnosis places her in the worst one percent of similar cases
• Vets recommend a pacemaker before trying special heart rate lowering medication
Despite these severe heart irregularities, brave Topanga is surviving. The heart seems to catch up when it stops while she sleeps, but this is far from a long-term solution. Vets have recommended a course of special medication to lower her heart rate, but they want to implant a pacemaker first.
Mahtub, who works at a non-profit and has been managing Topanga’s other medical expenses, finds the estimated surgery cost of $8,000 – $10,000 daunting. This doesn’t include the cost of the Halter reads, each running between $1,500 – $2,000, with one needed after surgery as well.
How You Can Help:
• Donate to the fundraising appeal for Topanga’s surgery
• Share this appeal with friends, family, and social media networks
• Every contribution, big or small, will make a difference
By focusing on Topanga’s medical needs, we hope to provide her with the pacemaker she requires to regulate her heart rhythm, improving her overall quality of life. All donations are held by FAD and ONLY paid to the veterinarian when the surgery is performed; the owner receives no money.
Vet estimate (click to enlarge):