About the Campaign
Help Maggie Overcome Her Aggressive Tumor
Maggie, a 14-year-old dog, is facing a serious medical challenge that demands immediate attention. Maggie has been with her owner, Emma, since she was just six months old, gifted from a litter by her neighbors. They’ve been together through thick and thin, and now more than ever, Maggie needs our help.
Maggie’s Health Condition:
• Recent discovery of an aggressive mouth tumor
• Previous tumor removal, but tumor returned
• Specialist recommendation for a CT scan to pinpoint the cancer
• Surgical plan involves removing part of the skull and five teeth
• The tumor’s aggressive nature means sooner treatment is crucial
On her 14th birthday, Emma noticed a mouth tumor on Maggie during her routine yearly vet visit. The tumor was removed along with another, but unfortunately, the mouth tumor was diagnosed as an aggressive type and returned. Emma sought a specialist two hours away from home, who recommended a CT scan to accurately locate the cancer. The suggested surgical procedure is substantial; it involves removing a 4-5 cm section of her skull and teeth on either side.
The total cost for the CT scan, tests, and treatment is estimated at $8400. The aggressive nature of Maggie’s tumor means that sooner treatment is crucial. Emma has already spent all of her savings, around $2000, on the initial tumor removals, leaving her financially drained. Emma currently pays rent while living on a farm with her sister and works as a purchasing associate for a comic book website.
How You Can Help:
• Donate to the fundraising appeal for Maggie’s treatment
• Share this appeal with friends, family, and social media networks
• Every contribution, big or small, will make a difference
By focusing on Maggie’s medical needs, we aim to provide her with the necessary treatment to remove the aggressive tumor and improve her overall quality of life. All donations are held by FAD and ONLY paid to the veterinarian when treatment is performed, the owner receives no money.