Great Scott!

Scotty has a liver shunt and needs surgery ASAP. He'll be going in on Thursday and we hope for the best!
Successful
This campaign successfully reached its funding goal and ended 2 months ago
100% Funded
  • $305.50 Donated
  • $304.00 Goal
  • 13 Donors
Time left to donate

About the Campaign


On Thursday August 2, Scotty will be going in to Veterinary Surgery of Birmingham in order to get liver shunt surgery. Less than 2 years old and Scotty has been in and out of the vets office for urinary issues. Finally, it was diagnosed that Scotty has a liver shunt and this birth defect is what is causing his bladder stones and urinary problems. 

Kelly, Scotty’s owner is relieved that the problem was finally diagnosed. Kelly and Scotty came together in April of this year. Scotty had belonged to Kelly’s uncle who unfortunately passed in a car accident. Kelly couldn’t bare the thought of Scotty ending up in a shelter or on the streets so she opened up her home and accepted him with loving arms.

Shortly after, she noticed Scotty had bloody urine. She took him to the vet immediately where he was diagnosed with Bladder Stones. Kelly payed for Scotty’s Bladder Stone surgery and for him to be neutered at the same time. However, soon after recovery, Scotty the blood showed back up in Scotty’s urine. When she took Scotty back to the vet they said he now had a UTI. He was then treated for several weeks with antibiotics and after he finished his treatment, the bloody urine was back again. Kelly just couldn’t understand what the issue was. Frustrated, she sought a second opinion from Veterinary Surgery of Birmingham.

The animal hospital said it is more than likely. a liver shunt. However, they do not know what type of liver shunt it is and will not be able to tell what kind of surgery he’ll need until they are in the operating room. Kelly lives incredibly far from the animal hospital and only has one day to take him there (Thursday) and hopefully have all the services rendered. Being a full time student, Scotty’s medical bills and previous surgery costs have been quite difficult for Kelly, especially on her part time income. Even getting Scotty to the next town over for surgery will be very taxing.

 

 

 

 

 

 

The animal Hospital has agreed to give Kelly 2 weeks to come up with the funding for Scotty’s surgery. Given that scotty is a good candidate, he’ll more than likely have surgery on Thursday. Unfortunately we don’t have an official estimate as of yet. We’ve personally contacted the animal hospital and received verbal estimate and is currently waiting to receive the official estimate Thursday. This is a special case so we’re bending a bit to give Scotty and Kelly hand. We would appreciate any assistance!

UPDATE: Scotty’s Estimate :

As always, Thank you for your support!

 

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

5 comments

  • Debbie Menendez

    I had bladder cancer and kidney infections so I really feel for this pup and the pain he has suffered . I love dogs and have rescued my last 2 dogs.

    August 2, 2018 at 10:18 pm Reply

  • Anonymous

    God Bless You for saving Scotty!

    August 10, 2018 at 1:41 pm Reply

  • Kimberly Kindler

    I wish I could give more Kelly. Hope he is feeling better.

    August 10, 2018 at 8:17 pm Reply

  • Alicia Steele

    Prayers for your baby!

    August 17, 2018 at 9:33 pm Reply

  • Linda

    That is so sad!!

    August 23, 2018 at 5:08 pm Reply