About the Campaign
Support Dozer’s Elbow Surgery Journey
Dozer, a vivacious eight-month-old Italian Mastiff, needs our assistance. This playful pup, adopted by his owner Megan in late September, is facing a significant health challenge – an un-united growth plate in his elbow.
Dozer’s Medical Situation:
- He suffers from a condition likely resulting from his rapid growth as a large breed puppy
- The un-united growth plate in his elbow needs either pinning or removal, only determinable during surgery
- Post-operative appointments are required, estimated at $500 each
Since joining Megan’s family, Dozer has been in excellent health, except for this recent complication. The specific course of action will only be determined during the surgery, whether to pin or remove the un-united growth plate.
The estimated cost for the surgery ranges from $5,600 to $6,600, with additional post-operative costs of around $1,000. This significant financial challenge arises as Megan, an LVN, and her self-employed pest control husband, live paycheck to paycheck while raising their two children.
How You Can Help:
- Donate to the fundraising appeal for Dozer’s surgery
- Share this appeal with friends, family, and social media networks
- Every contribution, big or small, will make a difference
By focusing on Dozer’s medical needs, we aim to fund the necessary surgery to correct his elbow condition and enhance his overall quality of life. All donations are held by FAD and ONLY paid to the veterinarian when the surgery is performed; the owner receives no money.
Vet estimate, click to enlarge: